Thought for the day …..

Good Morning and Welcome to Thursday December 31st, 2015.

Happy New Year’s Eve.

Normally Alvin wakes me up around 5:00 a.m. to have his breakfast.

Not this morning ….

I was laying awake when just after 7:00 a.m. the sound of sirens came closer to my house.

Jumping out of bed, I saw the first fire truck stop just on the other side of our duplex and then a second one stopped right in front of my house.

SCARED ME.

We went running downstairs ….. I could not see a fire anywhere ….

I opened the front door and did not see anyone out front.

We could hear the neighbour (not in the other half) but next door’s dog HOWLING.

I quickly fed Mr. Alvin his breakfast.

I put on my boots and we went out onto the deck and all of their lights were on …. Capone, their dog was pacing on the deck.

Something was wrong.

Alvin howled alongside for support.

There did not seem to be flames and no one from inside the house including the firemen were outside.

So that was a good sign.

I did not want to go out while the firemen were there so I just kept an eye out.

They were there for almost one hour ….. then they were gone.

So I decided to go to D & K’s and see if there was anything that I could do.

D & K and all four of their children and Capone were in the living room ….. reeling from what had just happened.

K said that the alarm detected smoke and went off but they were unable to find the source.

The fireman diligently checked every electrical outlet and the walls and could not find any fire.

While I was there …. we determined that the smell which the firemen said smelled like burnt wax was coming from the furnace register/vent by the front door.

We surmised that perhaps one of the young ones put a plastic figure or wax crayon down the register/vent.

The furnace had not kicked in so they turned up the thermostat and that smell definitely came from the front register/vent.

*********************

I decided it was time for me to go home and offered my home for them if they needed to have the vents cleaned or whatever.

So home I came …. figured I had better get my blog wrote and have breakfast just in case they come over.

What a morning …. thank goodness everyone is okay.

This is a reminder to folks with small children to make sure that toys do not get put down the registers/vents.

We can breathe again.

Mr.  Alvin was worried for sure when he heard Capone howling he had howled in return.

So glad that all is well.

 

I was going to blog highlights from this year …. or perhaps plans for this next one but instead the Universe decided differently.

So I shall take this opportunity to put the word out:

A reminder for all …… be sure that you have smoke detectors and that they are in working order.

A fire extinguisher …. they have one … I do not, and I will be purchasing one right away.

Make sure that you have a plan in case of an emergency.

DO NOT LEAVE CANDLES BURNING UNATTENDED.

Your life can change so quickly …. make certain that your house is safe on this New Year’s Eve and every night.

 

Take care.

 

Special Hello to: EVERYONE …. Happy New Year’s Eve.

Always, Carol and Alvin

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow My New Life @ 51 on WordPress.com
%d bloggers like this: